- Great Career Opportunity
- Opportunity to join an Olympic Sport
- Lead a team helping to shape the future of Gymnastics
- Category: Sport & Recreation
- Sub-category: Management
- Location: Melbourne
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
To view the full job description click here
Gymnastics Australia (GA) is the national governing body for gymnastics within Australia. Established in 1949, Gymnastics Australia's mission is to promote, develop and grow gymnastics for the enjoyment of all. Encompassing seven gymsports being the Olympic disciplines of Women's and Men's Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline Gymnastics, as well as Aerobic Gymnastics, Acrobatic Gymnastics and Gymnastics for All, gymnastics provides opportunities for all Australians.
You can find more information about Gymnastics Australia here: https://www.gymnastics.org.au/
What is Gymnastics Australia looking for in their General Manager, Participation and Member Engagement
GA is looking for a highly motivated and target oriented strategic thinker who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and with a passion for sport and excellence. We are looking for a highly engaged, strategic and innovative General Manager to lead our membership and club engagement function, to analyse membership data to best inform growth and improvement strategiesand to also put their stamp on our unique suite of programs and resources including the highly popular KinderGym, Fitter for Life and Inclusive activities, as well as the Sporting Schools Program. We are looking for someone who can develop and drive strategic partnerships and activities to ensure we offer best value to all our members.
Who are you?
A person who can lead GA’s membership and club engagement function to ensure meaningful and strategic collaboration. Has the skills and experience to develop and drive a strategy to ensure GA’s participation services, programs and resources are of relevant and positive value to clubs and participating members.
The ideal candidate will have
Skills and experience
- Minimum 8 years work related experience in the sport and recreation sector, particularly in not for profit club based or sport association member-based environments
- Minimum 8 years in the planning and delivery of membership and participation services, growth strategies and programs
- At least 5 years managing and being accountable for a financial budget
- Experience in leading and managing significant multi departmental projects
- Management of people and team dynamics; building staff capacity and capability; and inspiring and motivating teams to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience of conducting data analysis to inform strategy
- Demonstrated in reporting to Board level
- Experience in leading innovative thinking and problem solving to find solutions or recommendations to complex problems or challenges
- Knowledge of Gymnastics would be highly desirable and advantageous in this role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Project management experience
- Strong people and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Energy: a passion for sport
- Excellence: a personal commitment to excellence
- Adaptability: embraces change and seeks to shape the future
- Composure: ability to thrive under pressure
- Vision and perspective
- Endurance, tenacity and ability to identify and solve problems
To have a confidential discussion contact Paul Bruce from Left Field Sports Solutions on 0407 426 592.
If you would like to view a more detailed Position Description, please send your request to email@example.com
In your application, you should include the following;
- covering letter with your resume
- indication of the remuneration you are expecting.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5:00pm AEDT on 8 May